Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:35:39 +0900
From:      "R. Lahaye" <lahaye@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installed CUPS: now have two versions of lp, lpr, lpq, lprm ?

Hi,

I have added CUPS (Common Unix Printing System) to my 4.3 FreeBSD PC.

Thus I now doubled several of the printing comands:

/usr/bin/lp   &  /usr/local/bin/lp
/usr/bin/lpq  &  /usr/local/bin/lpq
/usr/bin/lpr  &  /usr/local/bin/lpr
/usr/bin/lprm &  /usr/local/bin/lprm

The first one is from the Berkeley Distribution,
whereas the second one is part of CUPS.
By default, my shell takes the first ones in /usr/bin/.

Should I delete all the lp* commands in /usr/bin ?
Could that do any dammage to other parts of the system?

Or should I do nothing and keep my fingers crossed.....

What to do?

Thanks,
Rob.