Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:02:37 -0400
From:      Charlie Root <root@bellsouth.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Chung-Kie Tung <tung@turtle.ee.ncku.edu.tw>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, root@wghicks.bellsouth.net
Subject:   Re: fileystem always dirty when booting if mfs enabled..:(

> > Does anyone have the same problem as me?

Yes.  When I created /tmp on an MFS my system wouldn't shutdown
cleanly either.  I wasn't sure if it was because I had things
misconfigured and simply reverted to my prior configuration.

> You aren't shutting down properly.  mfs is the Memory Filesystem, it's
> always clean when you start. :-)

In my case, this anamoly caused shutdown to "give up" without cleanly
dismounting the *other* filesystems (which weren't MFS).

--
Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net