Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 1998 15:46:45 -0500
From:      Norman C Rice <nrice@emu.sourcee.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?=DEor=F0ur_Ivarsson?= <totii@est.is>
Cc:        questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Experience with ASUS P2L97-DS motherboard ?

On Sun, Jan 11, 1998 at 08:23:21PM +0000, Þorður Ivarsson wrote:
> I am looking for new motherboard for my system and I am looking for
> motherboard!
>
> Does FreeBSD run with ASUS P2L97-DS motherboard ?
>
> Is it good choice?
>
> --
> Þórður Ívarsson		Thordur Ivarsson
> Rafeindavirki		Electronic technician
> Norðurgötu 30		Nordurgotu 30
> Box 309			Box 309
> 602 Akureyri		602 Akureyri
> Ísland			Iceland

> FreeBSD has good features,
> Some others are full of unwanted features!

I have had good luck with the ASUS motherboards, with one
exception -- running an AMD K6/233. The onboard temperature
circuitry seems to be set up to monitor Intel CPUs; the AMD
K6/233 runs about 10C hotter; much hotter if you don't use
a top-of-the-line cooling fan. :-( Perhaps there's is a way
to alter the setpoint, but I didn't discover it.
--
Regards,
Norman C. Rice, Jr.