Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 2003 17:27:40 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Julian Stacey <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: using isdnd as incoming call logger

ik.rwth-aachen.de>

Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> I've read that at least Gary, maybe others, are using i4b (isdnd) as
> a logger of incoming phone calls.

Me too, with names of humans, not numbers, shown in 24x80 xterm
that invokes isdns, but also in a wide short xterm I leave marked
`sticky' so it stays at bottom of whichever pane my window manager
is in. I start that by a couple of line in
        http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/bin/.sh/telno
containing
        . /etc/isdn/variables
        xterm -geometry 80x3-0-90 -fn 9x15bold -n telno \
                -T "`hostname -s` - Phone log" -e \
                 ~jhs/public_html/bin/.sh/telno2 &
        echo $! > $telno_pid

To generate my (4000 line) isdntel.alias from my personal & business phone
`books' (files really) I use
        http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/jhs/bin/public/phone/
(which also generates a subset comparible with Nokia 6110,
        loadable with /usr/ports/comms/gnokii
 & also generates for Istec 100[38] TK anlage (= ISDN PBX)
   controlled by /usr/ports/misc/estic )

> Anyone having a config file for this?

Sent in private mail.

-
Julian Stacey       Freelance Systems Engineer, Unix & Net Consultant, Munich.
  Ihr Rauchen => mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !   Schnupftabak probieren.