Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2006 12:46:54 +0200
From:      "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andreas_Wider=F8e_Andersen?=" <wodfer@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble installing 6.1 on an old machine

I just downloaded version 4.11 from the FreeBSD ftp archives, burnt a boot
CD and tried to reinstall the system via FTP from the archives. This worked
perfect. No problems.

I guess this means it's not a hardware problem, but rather some changes mad=
to newer versions of FreeBSD.

Anyone know what I can do to get 6.1 up and running on this ancient machine=
?

Cheers,
Andreas

---