Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2000 10:51:55 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <i4b@zabbadoz.net>
Subject:   i4bing -> panic

Hi,

I do have extrem difficults in getting a kernel with ISDN support
including NetGraph device up. Did the clean 4.2 installation,
overinstalled latest tarball from ftp.console.de and added full ISDN
support to my kernel CONFIG file (also added netgraph).

This result is:

--- snipp ---
i4btrc: 4 ISDN trace device(s) attached
i4bing: 4 i4b NetGraph ISDN B-channel device(s) attached
ing: ng_make_node_common, ret = 22
!

fault virual address    = 0x1c
fault code              = supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc01a0523
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xc0510f5c
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xc0510f68
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 0 (swapper)
interrupt mask          = none
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault
--- snipp ---

Trying without netgraph and everything 's fine. But it's the netgraph
devices that already know how to handle cisco hdlc wth keepalives. So
I though I should start with them. I couldn't find anything in isppp
(as suggested) or other i4b sources for that.

So before I start finding the last parts where to disable d-channel I
would sort the above out. Think this is not a known poblem yet, but
also nobody might ever have tried because i4bing isn't in standard
CONFIG file in FreeBSD directory... ? So are there any other
experiences and/or known problems with netgraph ?

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/