Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 17:46:26 -0500
From:      Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
To:        Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: tiny patch to pkg_add

On Friday, September 07, 2001, Leo Bicknell wrote:
> I think Chris's version is right, although if you're writing a
> security app, or just want to be overly paranoid in general
> you could use:
>
> bzero((void *)packagesite, sizeof(packagesite));

   That's unnecessary unless you know you're going to be reading
data from that string starting somewhere other than
&packagesite[0];.  And the `void *' cast is unnecessary, as an
array is converted to a pointer when passed to a function, and
any data pointer is also implicitly converted to a `void *'
pointer where necessary.