Date:      Sat, 26 Jul 2008 19:04:05 -0300
From:      "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania@gmail.com>
To:        Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, bug-followup@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bin/123693: Workaround for burncd: ioctl(CDIOCEJECT): Input/output error

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 1:21 AM, Carlos A. M. dos Santos
<unixmania@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Carlos A. M. dos Santos
> <unixmania@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Volker <volker@vwsoft.com> wrote:
>>> Carlos,
>>>
>>> IMHO it's better to explicitly check for ioctl returning EBUSY and 5
>>> seconds may not fit every situation.
>>>
>>> Volker
>>
>> Ok, I will attempt the approach of checking for EBUSY.
>
> I found that ioctl(fd, CDIOCEJECT) returns EIO, not EBUSY, so it seems
> that there is no better solution. I was able to improve the delays,
> however (see attachmet). Now they grow exponentially, limited to 31
> seconds (1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 16). This is better than flooding the CD
> drive with one eject request per second.

Any update on this issue? I'd suggest you to at least close the PR if
the proposed patch is not acceptable. I must admit that it is only a
tricky workaround, not a masterpiece, so I will not feel offended. :-)

--
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only
because you lack sufficient imagination.