Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 05:10:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Plamen Manov <b3rz@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   CMI8338 problem

Hi guyz

I have a FreeBSD 4.2-BETA and a CMI8338 sound card
placed on my motherboard,which I can't run :(

I found the following mail in the mail archive:

>What I found in -multimedia is CMI8330, which is an
>ISA PnP chip.
>
>If you are using 3.2R, you may want to try patches
at:

>http://www.imou.to/~AoiMoe/BSD-at-Random/cmi/CMI8x38->19990923-1.diff
>http://www.imou.to/~AoiMoe/BSD-at-Random/cmi/CMI8x38->19990923-1-to-19990924-1.diff
>
>With these patches, a CMI8338 would at least sound.
>
>Say, anyone wanna port these patches to newpcm?
but the drivers they talk about are not available at
that address.:(

I'll be very happy if you can find them for me or know
some other way to setup this card.

Thank You

Plamen Manov