Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 1999 02:00:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.org, Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>, Chris <reman@tig.com.au>, bee@wipinfo.soft.net
Subject:   Re: IDE quirk in 3.2-STABLE kernel ?

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On 06-Aug-99 Wes Peters wrote:
> >  Because it's wrong.  If you don't believe me, buy a copy of the spec.  Why
> >  should we waste valuable developer time trying to support mis-configured
> >  hardware?
>
> Since when has PC hardware followed the specs?

Since it was made to work? The problem here is that this person, for some
reason, is misconfiguring their system and expecting it to work as if it
were configured properly.

> ---
> Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer
> for Genesis Software - http://www.gsoft.com.au
> "The nice thing about standards is that there
> are so many of them to choose from."
>   -- Andrew Tanenbaum

 Brian Fundakowski Feldman      _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 green@FreeBSD.org                   _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!        _ __ | _ \._ \ |) |
       http://www.FreeBSD.org/              _ |___/___/___/