Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:47:17 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        <sharpmind2@371.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: what is terminal emulator

The windows system terminal emulator is called "HyperTerm" on
Win9x/NT/2000 macines, located under accesories. If you're on a
Unix-like OS, there are several options: kermit and minicom, just to
name a few. The applications emulate being on a dumb terminal (i.e.
like a vt100 or other vt model).
-Otter