Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:09:30 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [FYI] Oracle on FreeBSD: official response

On Mon, Jan 25, 1999 at 04:46:58PM -0800, Josef Grosch wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 10:53:55AM +1030, Greg Lehey wrote:
> > On Monday, 25 January 1999 at 11:33:52 +0200, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Recently someone posted the message that, according
> > > to Oracle Sales, Oracle for FreeBSD will be available
> > > in the middle of February.
> > >
> > > Yesterday I asked Oracle Support whether they have
> > > any plans to release FreeBSD version of Oracle Server.
> > >
> > > Attached are the question and the answer (HTML).
> >
> > Wouldn't it have been easier on people who use mailers for reading
> > mail if you had just relayed the answer?

Because it was ``official'', I don't wanted to change anything.
I just removed HREFs and IMGs.

> Agree! The whole world does not use netscape as a mail reader. Please stop
> sending HTML wrapped mail.
>

> Josef

I can't undestand why I should stop to do this?
It seems you're lazy to make your mailer display HTML for you ;-)

I don't use Netscape.  Like you both, I use `mutt' (in the ports).
Its autoview feature and `lynx' (also in the ports) allow me to
view HTML.

To view HTMLs in the `mutt' you should:

1. install `lynx'
2. add the following line to ~/.muttrc:
   auto_view text/html
3. create ~/.mailcap with the following line:
   text/html; lynx -dump -force_html %s; copiousoutput

Is it too much? ;-)

See you,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA of the