Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 14:59:15 -0400
From:      emk <emk@depeche-mode.com>
To:        freebsd <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   compiling kernel error

hi (once again)

I've recently undertaken the task of making my own kernel with the help
of the handbook.  I followed the instructions and compared it to LINT to
see if i was not missing anything.  everything looks fine.  i then
'config MYKERNEL'.. everything went fine with that.  then i switched to
MYKERNEL dir and typed 'make depend' and again everything went fine.
after that, i typed 'make all' and that's where MYKERNEL first
encountered a problem.  it reads like this:

od.o: Undefined symbol '_scsi_device_register' referenced from text
segment
<cut - many other scsi errors like that one>
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I checked through my MYKERNEL file and found no such thing as
_scsi_device_register.  i'm planning to buy a book about this all
because i'm still a novice but i don't see why MYKERNEL wouldn't work
after following all the steps.

If anybody can help, I'd appreciate it.

emk