Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 2014 05:42:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   net/samba4: minimal requirements for running winbind

I have two issues re net/samba4*

#1: "make install" for both ports net/samba4 & net/samba41 results in error
when selecting NSUPDATE for DNS. Both ports compile but fail to install due
to same problem: Nothing /dns/ related is created.
net/samba41/work/stage/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/external=
/dns/):
No such file or directory

#2: My whole purpose for samba is that some wine apps want winbind, and
complain if it's not there:
err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Mak=
sure that ntlm_auth >=3D 3.0.25 is in your path.
fixme:rpc:RpcBindingSetAuthInfoExW unsupported AuthnSvc 10. Install
samba/winbind component

>From what I have read, winbind also requires nmbd =E2=80=94 NetBIOS name se=
rver
running? Is this correct and are there any other services that need to run?
What's the simplest way and simplest samba configuration to satisfy this
error message?

-----
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS