Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:23:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   NO_NAMED (patch attached)

Well, the corporate firewall doesn't allow send-pr, so I'm trying this
the noisy way.  Sorry.  :(

We have a no_named flag in /usr/src/usr.sbin/Makefile, right by
no_sendmail.  A recent discussion on -security shows that at least a
couple people have a use for this.  Therefore, submitted for your
approval, as per the Handbook:

*** make.conf~  Mon Jan 24 13:55:29 2000
--- make.conf   Mon Jan 31 15:25:49 2000
***************
*** 28,33 ****
--- 28,36 ----
  # To avoid building sendmail
  #NO_SENDMAIL= true
  #
+ # To avoid building named and related tools
+ #NO_BIND=     true
+ #
  # To have 'obj' symlinks created in your source directory
  #       (they aren't needed/necessary)
  #OBJLINK=     yes

This is against -stable, about a week old.  Sorry, don't have
-current on my laptop... I'm not a real hacker.

==ml

(Wow, my first patch.  Trivial, yet I find myself heady with success. ;)