Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:37:21 -0400
From:      "Jud" <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        j.wards@sportnetwork.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Partitions

-----Original Message-----
From: "John Wards" <j.wards@sportnetwork.net>
To: <questions@freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:25:51 +0100
Subject: Partitions

Hi,

I need to resize my XP partition so i can install FreeBSD. I have looked at
loads of partition software but they all want me to pay for it and I don't
see the point as I will only be using it once!

Does anyone know of any partion software that will resize my XP partition
for free!

Cheers
John
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Yes, BootIt NG is excellent - 30-day free trial.

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com

There are free partition utilities such as
Ranish Partition Manager, but I found them poorly
documented and easy to screw up.

There are also FIPS and PResizer, free tools offered
at FreeBSD FTP sites.  I haven't used these (I needed
a boot manager that easily grokked RAID as well as a
partition tool, thus BootIt NG), but perhaps someone
else can comment on them.

Jud