Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 2009 18:18:33 +0530
From:      "Kapil Jain" <kapil@sh3lls.net>
To:        <freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Mirror for India

Hello

I'm planning to setup a FreeBSD Mirror for the FreeBSD Users from India.
I've already acquired the domains freebsd.org.in and freebsdindia.com

But right now the main issue is of bandwidth in India so I was thinking of
setting up the Mirror on a US based server with good connectivity to India.
I currently have few servers with a datacentre in US and they are now about
to get bandwidth from Tata Communications which is an Indian Company and
have good connectivity to all major Indian ISP's as Tata Communications is
one of the largest bandwidth provider in India.

Please suggest if I should go for it? And if I setup the mirror can I get it
listed as official mirror of freebsd.org for India and whenever bandwidth
conditions improves in India or if I can get any sponsor in India for
hosting the mirror I can move the site to an Indian Server.

I can sponsor and maintain the mirror server in US till I get some sponsor
for Indian Server.

Please give your thoughts about it.

Kapil Jain