Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:40:12 +0800
From:      <john.w.court@nokia.com>
To:        <freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Send_pkt()  does it support IPV6 ?

Hi,

Sorry if I have missed something blindingly obvious, but I can't see how
the send_pkt() routine in ip_fw2.c would create a valid ipv6 source and
destination address.  This is relevent due to its use in ipfw_tick().
Basically in an ipv6 configuration when ipfw_tick() goes off to send a
keep-alive, I think send_pkt() would produce an erroneous IPV4 style
packet due to its use of id->dst_ip and id->src_ip rather than  dst_ip6
and src_ip6 ?   Further, ipfw_tick() then calls ip_output() rather than
any ip6_output() routine. =20

I am just checking before I make any modifications that I am not missing
something fundamental that invalidates my analysis.

Thanks

John Court =20