Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:58:25 +0300
From:      Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass@teledomenet.gr>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   "make search" can match comments from MOVED(was: make search name gives strange results)

On Friday 14 September 2007 12:20, Nikos Vassiliadis wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  Hopefully this is the correct list for such reports/questions.
> Searching for (editors/)ted, I got some strange results from
> make. This is how you can reproduce it:
>
> make search "name=fields in the order named"
> Port:   # fields in the order named, separated with the pipe (`
> Moved:  ') character:
> Reason:

It seems that "make search name=something" can
match lines from MOVED, including the comments lines.

nik:0:/usr/ports$ head MOVED
#
# MOVED - a list of (recently) moved or removed ports
#
# $FreeBSD: ports/MOVED,v 1.1471 2007/09/07 03:53:54 marcus Exp $
#
# Each entry consists of a single line containing the following four
# fields in the order named, separated with the pipe (`|') character:
#
#     Port:     A port that was moved (category/portname).
#     Moved to: Where the port was moved to, or which port users

Should I file a PR?

Thanks

Nikos