Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 17:57:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: making the snoop device loadable.

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, John Baldwin wrote:

>On 09-Jul-00 Adam wrote:
>> On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>>>You have always needed to babysit your root password.
>>
>> Ok, I give in to the argument.  I would just like to make a wish.  On Jan
>> 24 1999 peter took the NO_LKM option out of LINT.  I assume the support
>> for it in other files was removed around that time also.  Could someone
>> implement a NO_KLD option so you dont need to use securelevel > 0 so
>> people have an obvious option and dont have to know the kernel well enough
>> to hack syscalls.master?
>
>Patches accepted. :)  Seriously, if you come up with a patchset
>I'll look at it and see about getting it in the tree.
>
>John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/

Okay, I have no idea what these SYSINIT's are supposed to do but this file
seems to be the KLD equiv of kern_lkm.  options NO_LKM (as added in 1.47
and cleaned up in 1.48 of kern_lkm.c) added an #ifndef around the line
SYSINIT(lkmdev,SI_SUB_DRIVERS,SI_ORDER_MIDDLE+CDEV_MAJOR,lkm_drvinit,NULL)

The lines with SYSINIT in kern_linker.c are:
SYSINIT(linker, SI_SUB_KLD, SI_ORDER_FIRST, linker_init, 0);
SYSINIT(linker_kernel, SI_SUB_KLD, SI_ORDER_ANY,
linker_init_kernel_modules, 0);
SYSINIT(preload, SI_SUB_KLD, SI_ORDER_MIDDLE, linker_preload, 0);

I'm not quite sure which one would get #ifndef'ed, or if thats even still
the right way to do it, any ideas?  I'm working on updating an old
-current box to check it out.