Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:41:17 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@ninth-nine.com>
Cc:        dougb@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/34172: xscreensaver 4.00 problem with GNOME

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 03:48:14AM +0900, Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
>       Sorry for my work very late. I made patch for this problem. Please check
>       in your envrionment (without GNOME). I checked in my envrionment (with
>       GNOME) and everything OK(make install & make package & pkg_delete -f).
>
>       And, thanks for Jose's information. I was forgot about USE_GNOME
>       without it.

Did you remember to add bin/screensaver-properties-capplet to the PLIST
(if building with GNOME)? The capplet which comes with GNOME does not work
with xscreensaver-4.00.

The problem is that the xscreensaver-supplied capplet overwrites the
GNOME-supplied one. One possible solution may be to make a backup copy of
the original capplet and restore it when the xscreensaver-gnome package is
deleted.

Cheers,
JMA
--
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **