Date:      Thu, 03 Dec 2009 09:47:03 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Leonardo Santagostini <lsantagostini@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Jung-uk Kim <jkim@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Could you please fix this ?

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 01:57:50 +0000, Leonardo Santagostini <lsantagostini@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I was facing one big problem, i have a notebook, which is an Acer
> Aspire 5920.  If you like i can send to you my messages file.
>
> Which is:
>
> Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T5550  @ 1.83GHz (1833.48-MHz 686-class CPU)
> Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
> Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet Controller
> 2 Gigs RAM
> 160 Gigs SATA
>
> The point was:
> With ACPI disabled, i managed to boot but without WIFI; and with ACPI
> enabled, the boot process hanged up all times.
>
> I fixed this adding
>
>     if (device_get_unit(dev)==2){
>         pci_write_config(dev, PCIR_COMMAND, PCIM_CMD_MEMEN | PCIM_CMD_PORTEN, 1);
>         pci_enable_busmaster(dev);
>         pci_write_config(dev, PCIR_IOBASEL_1, 0xf0, 1);
>         pci_write_config(dev, PCIR_MEMBASE_1, 0xf020, 2);
>         pci_write_config(dev, PCIR_MEMLIMIT_1, 0xf020, 2);
>         pci_write_config(dev, PCIR_PMBASEL_1, 0xfff1, 2);
>     }
>     if (device_get_unit(dev)==3){
>         pci_write_config(dev, PCIR_COMMAND, PCIM_CMD_MEMEN | PCIM_CMD_PORTEN, 1);
>         pci_enable_busmaster(dev);
>         pci_write_config(dev, PCIR_IOBASEL_1, 0xf0, 1);
>         pci_write_config(dev, PCIR_MEMBASE_1, 0xf030, 2);
>         pci_write_config(dev, PCIR_MEMLIMIT_1, 0xf030, 2);
>         pci_write_config(dev, PCIR_PMBASEL_1, 0xfff1, 2);
>     }
>
> to /usr/src/sys/dev/acpica/acpi_pcib_pci.c running on a 8.0-RELEASE
>
> I was able to fix it by my way but many people cant do it, so, i would
> really appreciate if you can add this piece of code.

Hi Leonardo.

Jung-uk Kim has done a lot of ACPI-related work, so he will probably
know if the change is ok to commit to stable/8.  I've added him to the
thread, so he can let us know what he thinks of the change.  Can you
please post a diff that also shows _where_ the changes have to be
installed in our current version of src/sys/dev/acpica/acpi_pcib_pci.c
for 8.0-RELEASE?