Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:32:42 -0700
From:      Predrag Punosevac <punosevac@math.arizona.edu>
To:        "Thomas D. Dean" <tomdean@speakeasy.org>,  questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless Network Not Found

Did you check on the hardware compatibility list if the wi chipset  is
supported and with what driver? Did you check on
the laptop compatibility list what was report on your laptop. If the
device can work people probably left documentation
how was done.

It is very possible that particular WI device is not supported.
In that case you can do 3 thing.
1. You can ndis windows driver and insert into the kernel so that you
can use the device
2. You can get pccard which is supported and forget about that device
3. Check if it supported in 7.0 (which has better support for WI) and
install that one.

Take care
Predrag