Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 1995 15:36:01 +0100
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes), amoss@cs.huji.ac.il, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Creating iso9660 filesystems

> There is also a rudimentary worm driver.  You configure it in
> the kernel as:
>
> > device worm0 at scbus?
>
> and then you may be able to "dd" to it.

Actually, I forgot to mention - Justin and Gary finally got around to
testing this just before I left the country and I seem to recall that
all they could get were panics.  If you can get ahold of Gary before
HE leaves the country, or Justin at pretty much any time, I'm sure
they'll be happy to help you work on it more.  This is actually
getting to be more of a priority for WC since even at the 100mbit
speeds we're running our internal network at, stupid DOS is still
unable to transfer more than 300k/sec due to interrupt load or
something.  This makes transfering a 600MB CD image to the burner
machine verrrry slooooooow and it would be neatness incarnate if we
could just suck the images over with FreeBSD (which basically sucks
things at raw disk I/O speeds over the 100BT net) and whap them
straight to the burner.

					Jordan