Date:      Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:22:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Berlin <root@danberlin.resnet.rochester.edu>
To:        Marius Bendiksen <Marius.Bendiksen@scancall.no>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: www.sco.com

They have lxrun, which allows them to run linux binaries.
Works pretty damn well.
Then again, UnixWare 7 is an okay OS.
I tried installing it on my desktop this past weekend.
Wasted hours and hours, and it decided to move all my partitions around
(It's stupid partitioner thinks partition 1 is 4, and vice versa), even
after i said "Do Not Modify".  Was great for linux, since the disks i said
"Don't modify" were changed (/dev/hdc1 was now /dev/hdc3, /dev/hdc2 =
/dev/hdc4). Great install program. Makes me wonder what "Don't modify"
means.
It can also only STILL install on disk 1, or 2.
And when i bit the bullet and installed it on my laptop, it seems they've
REMOVED drivers since 2.1 of unixware.
Their tech support answer to "How do i get a 3c589 pcmcia card to work" is
"Install the 2.1 driver".
Thanks guys. So i get seven and have to have 2.1.  If i wasn't a student
getting this free (free=69 bucks for media, since the rising cost of 19
cent cd's these days seems to be affecting them).
After all this work and toil, i find that the interface is crud, it takes
me 8 times longer to do anything than on any other unix, etc.
And this is supposed to be good?
In short, if they ARE contributing to linux development, god help linux if
they are contributing engineers.