Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 07:49:46 +0100
From:      John <freebsd-root@i-zone.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: install from an iso9000 cdrom on a win95 machine to laptop via parallel cable

In article <Pine.OS2.3.95.980331061158.267A-100000@CENTRAL>, Andrew
MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au> writes
>Windows 95 doesn't come with NFS capability out of the box, nor an FTP
>server :-(  I take it that you have installed a 3rd party NFS server
>product?

no. foolishly I thought the direct cable connection interface under
win95 was an nfs equivalent :(

>You will also need to tell i-zonelap how to resolve the name i-zone.  I
>suggest just using the IP address, a la ???.???.???.???:/d
>
>If you want to try the FTP alternative, I seem to recall seeing a freely
>distributable W95 FTP server in the TUCOWS archive.

nice sideways thinking. I am downloading an ftp server at the moment. I
just hope it can see it via the printer port..... As I have no serial
<>serial, just parallel<>parallel

  John  - <freebsd-root@i-zone.demon.co.uk>