Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 2009 22:35:31 -0400
From:      samankaya@netscape.net
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Partitioning disks on PPC for FreeBSD, installer crashes

 Ok,

I managed to use the fixit part of the install menu to get to activate the holographic shell then by pressing alt F4 I was able to open up the shell prompt on tty4. So far good news :-)

Using a bit of help by this: http://unix.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc/2004-10/0920.html

I was able to figure out that echo * lists the contents of each cd'ed directory. Therefor I ran:

cd /bin
echo *

this revealed the available commands to me as /bin and /sbin where both the same.

I then did:

cd /dev
echo *

found out that my hard drive was located at ad0 with a slice on ad0s1

then ran: newfs ad0 while I was in the /dev dir and it managed to print out all the sectors on the disk but I still haven't been able to work out how to create a new filesystem using and label using this command syntax!