Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2002 14:51:32 -0500
From:      Jud <Jud@operamail.com>
To:        "Bill Lyles" <jffusion@adelphia.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Boot Manager

First thing, I guess, is to have backups of anything you don't want to lose
before fooling around with your MBR.

stand/sysinstall and choose the "normal" MBR rather than the FreeBSD Boot
Manager is one answer.  Editing W2K's boot.ini will let you boot FBSD using
W2K's bootloader.  However, I hesitate to give any advice without knowing more
about your basic setup, because I'm pretty much a newbie myself.

How is your system configured?  (How many disks, are any of them W2K "dynamic
disks," how many partitions, what kinds of partitions, which disks/partitions
is W2K/FBSD installed on...?)

Jud

>===== Original Message From "Bill Lyles" <jffusion@adelphia.net> =====
>I just installed FreeBSD and windows 2000
>
>I want to remove the FreeBSD boot manager and I'm not sure how to do it.
>
>It's giving me alot of problems, none of my partitions will stay active and I
have to keep going in with fdisk to make a partition active everytime I reboot