Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:30:08 -0500
From:      Jeremy O'Brien <obrien654j@gmail.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cisco Aironet MPI350 Fix

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:01:50AM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Sunday 22 November 2009 12:55:55 pm Jeremy O'Brien wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a Cisco Aironet MPI350 PCI card in my Thinkpad X31, and on a
> > fresh install of FreeBSD 8.0-RC3, the card did not work. Also, it caused
> > my system to freeze up for a few seconds about once a minute as the
> > driver spit out "an0: device timeout" messages so long as the interface
> > was up. I researched the issue, and found the following fix already in
> > dragonflybsd's tree:
> >

> http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commit/7a2a04db44efafea257db883ae3eb5e4ebf2ece9
> >
> > I modified the patch and applied it to FreeBSD's kernel (trivial), and
> > am happy to report that my card is now working flawlessly. Could someone
> > possibly review this patch and integrate it into the source tree so that
> > others may benefit from it as well?
> >
> > The patch is based off of 8.0-RC3's code, but applies to the latest code
> > as well without modification.
>
> Can you try this version?  The IFF_DRV_OACTIVE bits don't look correct to me
> so I've left them out.  I also changed the driver to use bus_*() vs
> bus_space_*().
>
> --
> John Baldwin

In my initial tests, my card is not working. This is on my university
network, so I will try again on my home network and report back the results.
As a side note, it takes about thirty minutes for me to rebuild my kernel.
I'm using make buildkernel everytime. Is there a faster method of
recompiling?