Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:07:31 -0700
From:      Matt Olander <matt@ixsystems.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Laptop suggestions?

On Jul 30, 2008, at 3:42 PM, Julian Elischer wrote:

> Matt Olander wrote:
>

>>> http://www.ixsystems.com/products/bsd-laptop.html
>> Hi everyone! I actually had our prototype of this laptop up at the
>> OSCON show in Portland and it was pretty well received.
>> Everything works for the most part although we're still tweaking
>> some things for ACPI.
>> I'll have one at the FreeBSD booth at LinuxWorld in San Francisco
>> next week, August 5-7. We'll announce as soon as this thing is 100%
>> and we're comfortable bringing the product line up as an item that
>> we're comfortable supporting long term. Most likely, available to
>> the general public in September.
>> best,
>> -matt
>
> ooooh
> nice!
>
> battery life?

I haven't done any battery life testing yet but I will. We just put
NetBSD current on there late last night and one of our guys is surfing
the net right now with one of the prototypes. We'll run it through
some tests over this weekend on FreeBSD 7 and post some relevant specs
up on the site next week. I'll let everyone know when we update :-P

We've got a couple of minimalist stickers on there but we're hoping to
ship it with a fun BSD sticker kit. I put the huge FreeBSD Mall bumper
sticker on the lid of mine ;-)

-matt