Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2014 20:59:45 -0800
From:      Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where is ruby ri documentation?

clutton <clutton@zoho.com> writes:

> On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 15:01 -0800, Carl Johnson wrote:
>> documentation for ri, but only what has been installed by various
>> gems.
>
> Hm, it may be built with OPTIONS_UNSET+=  DOCS.
> Please post output from `pkg info ruby-your-ruby-version` here.

It says that rdoc is off, but I don't know if that includes the ri
documentation.  The pkg info follows:

$ pkg info ruby
ruby-1.9.3.484,1
Name           : ruby
Version        : 1.9.3.484,1
Origin         : lang/ruby19
Architecture   : freebsd:10:x86:64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : ruby lang ipv6
Licenses       : RUBY or BSD2CLAUSE
Maintainer     : ruby@FreeBSD.org
WWW            : http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/
Comment        : Object-oriented interpreted scripting language
Options        :
        DEBUG          : off
        RDOC           : off
Shared Libs required:
        libyaml-0.so.2
        libruby19.so.19
        libffi.so.6
Shared Libs provided:
        libruby19.so.19
Flat size      : 19.7MiB
Description    :
Ruby is the interpreted scripting language for quick and
easy object-oriented programming.  It has many features to
process text files and to do system management tasks (as in
Perl).  It is simple, straight-forward, and extensible.

Features of Ruby are shown below.

  + Simple Syntax
  + *Normal* Object-Oriented features(ex. class, method calls)
  + *Advanced* Object-Oriented features(ex. Mix-in, Singleton-method)
  + Operator Overloading
  + Exception Handling
  + Iterators and Closures
  + Garbage Collection
  + Dynamic Loading of Object files(on some architecture)
  + Highly Portable(works on many UNIX machines, and on DOS,
    Windows, Mac, BeOS etc.)

WWW: http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/

Thanks for the reply.
--