Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:47:48 -0400
From:      Sahil Tandon <sahil@tandon.net>
To:        Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: www/youtube_dl build failure

On Jun 15, 2009, at 7:39 AM, Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Jun 2009, Sahil Tandon wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 14 Jun 2009, andrew clarke wrote:
>>
>>> 16:40 ozzmosis@blizzard [/usr/ports/www/youtube_dl]sudo make
>>> ===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
>>> ===>  Extracting for youtube_dl-2009.05.30_1
>>> cannot open 2009.05.30/youtube-dl: No such file or directory
>>> *** Error code 2
>>
>> This is not a build failure; make(1) errors out during the extract
>> phase.
>> After the most recent update (committed just a few hours ago), the
>> fetch
>> target sees an old youtube-dl file in ${DISTDIR}, and does not
>> download it
>> into ${DISTDIR}/2009.05.30/youtube-dl, which is where the port is
>> now looking
>> for the file.  Try deleting /usr/ports/distfiles/youtube-dl and
>> make(1)
>> again.
>
> I have this same problem. Removing the directory doesn't solve the
> problem. /usr/ports/distfiles/youtube-dl doesn't exist because that
> isn't the correct directory, it's /usr/ports/distfiles/youtube_dl.

Typo on my part with regard to dash vs. underscore.  And it is not a
directory!  Also, another commit was made after I tested the
abovementioned 'workaround' and postes to this list, so maybe
something different is now required.  In the worse case just manually
roll back the port's Makefile to what it was before the last two
commits.  It is not ideal or recommended but will do the trick if
you're desperate to install.