Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 1997 19:09:33 +0200 (MESZ)
From:      Robert Eckardt <roberte@MEP.Ruhr-Uni-Bochum.de>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   NIS-master/slave w/ 2.1.7+2.2.2

Hello,

from searching the archives and asking on questions I got no clue.

The problem is simply that I want to use a 2.2.2 box as a NIS slave server
with a 2.1.7 box as a NIS master.

However, when pushing from the master with
  % yppush -d XYZ amd.home
  yppush: Transfer request refused by ypserv

On the slave side I get messages like:
  ypserv[24772]: couldn't find master for map amd.home@XYZ
  ypserv[24772]: host at ZYX (134.147.xxx.yyy) may be pulling my leg

Needless to say, all clients (2.2.2 and 2.1.7) are ypbound to the NIS master.
Also, I tried w/ and w/o securenets, no change.
On the slave exists an empty directory /var/yp/XYZ.

Any comments thankfully appreciated,
Robert

--
Robert Eckardt                \\ FreeBSD -- solutions for a large universe.(tm)
RobertE@MEP.Ruhr-Uni-Bochum.de \\       What do you want to boot tomorrow ?(tm)