Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:11:29 -0800
From:      "yramin" <yramin@redshift.com>
To:        "Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>" <msmith@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: Best NIC for FBSD (was: Buffer Problems and hangs in 4.0-CURRENT..)

This message is in MIME format.

-------20170-----WWW-Mail-2.01-----

Mike,

These are my own perosnal findings with machines I've tinkered with.
Nothing scientific about them.  I did a few trials FTPing a 600MB file
around on a 100Mb switched network between to machines (they were not
identical, but used the same ones for both tests), once with Intel
PRO/100 adapters, and once with 3com parralel tasking (forgot the
model number) adapters.  I watched top both times, and noticed that
the Intels had lower interupt %s, and finished the job about 5-30
seconds faster (varied on each run).  Both machines used wu-ftpd and were running FreeBSD
3.2 - R at the time.

-------20170-----WWW-Mail-2.01-----

-------20170-----WWW-Mail-2.01-------