Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 13:31:37 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Roger Hall" <RHall@esigroup.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Stable" <FreeBSD-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: apache-fp

From: Roger Hall <RHall@esigroup.com>
>> Apache-fp is part of the ports, so I suspected that it would work. The
>> SERK says it is unsupported on FreeBSD, but who can believe MS docs?
>> So does this thing work or not?

Yes it works, the apache{12-3}-fp port will allow you to install a rootweb,
userwebs, and virtual webs at installation.

To install userwebs after installation use:

1. log into the web server as root
2. change to the /usr/local/frontpage/currentversion/bin directory
3. Run fpsrvadm.exe as follows:

    ./fpsrvadm.exe -o install -p 80 -web \~<user>

To install virtual webs after installation use:

Creating a New Virtual Server on UNIX

  1.. Create a new UNIX account for the user.
  2.. Create a content root and configuration file area. For example,
/usr/local/www/newuser/content and /usr/local/www/newuser/conf.
  3.. Create a new virtual server for the new account. Consult your Web
server documentation for details.
  4.. Run the fpsrvadm utility to install the FrontPage Server Extensions on
the new virtual server. For example:
  fpsrvadm -o install -t apache-fp -h <hostname> -u <username> -pw
<password> -p <port> -xUser <unixuseraccount> -xGroup <unixgroupaccount>

  5.. Chown the web appropriately. Using the sample command line above, you
can do this at the same time you install the FrontPage Server Extensions,
using the -xUser and -xGroup options. Otherwise, use the chown option of
fpsrvadm. For example:
  fpsrvadm -o chown -h <hostname> -p <port> -xUser <unixuseraccount> -xGroup
<unixgroupaccount>

  Scot