Date:      Fri, 06 Jun 1997 22:12:24 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        "Lenzi, Sergio" <lenzi@bsi.com.br>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPDIVERT not working in 2.2.2

> > > works.
> >
> > I built a 2.2.2 machine and natd runs fine on it - in fact I just
> > completed a release on a -current box, and an install of the resulting
> > 2.2-970605-SNAP via the natd'd gateway.  No problems.
> >
> I am trying to use natd and pppd for internet connections.
>
> It works ok on iijppp  (user ppp)
> but panics the kernel on using pppd
>
> Running on a 2.2.1 machine..
>
> Can you please inform me if you use pppd?

Don't feel lonely.  You're the forth report of pppd/natd
causing a panic I've seen.

I think this problem is going to creep to the top of my list
pretty soon.  It seems that most people that wish to use natd
are people that don't like ppp for whatever reasons and want
to go the pppd route.  It no work.  I have no idea why -
something nasty is being tickled !

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>
      <http://www.awfulhak.org>;