Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 95 09:52:21 -0400
From:      Yves Lepage <yves@CC.McGill.CA>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   A small set of problems

Hello all,

I have a small set of problems remaining with 2.0:

1- my at-work machine: FreeBSD 2.0, 2 3c509's, 40MB mem, 1.25GB IDE disk, PCI
   bus. The problem is that the ep driver doesn't seem to support multicast.
   I didn't find anything related to mcast with that driver. Is mcast something
   that's driver dependant or do I need a new ifconfig that'd know how to set
   the 2 interfaces to be mcast capable?

2- my at-home machine: 486dx2-50, 20MB mem, 1GB disk, ISA bus. Two problems
   with it:

   2a- It won't detect my 3c503. There is no hardware io addrs or irq
       conflicts. My 3c503 works fine. Any ideas?

   2b- pppd doesn't seem to be able to open /dev/tty01. It hust hangs there on
       the open. I've tried uncommenting the | O_NDELAY flag, it worked but
       then chat gets an io error when waiting for stuff to come from the
       modem. What puzzles me, is that kermit can open that same device
       without any problem. Could it be that kermit's open stuff is more
       tolerant than that of pppd and that I should consider moving that code
       into pppd?

Thanks alot.

Yves Lepage
yves@cc.mcgill.ca