Date:      Tue, 9 May 2006 09:52:22 +0000
From:      "Kep Woof" <kep.woof@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   New freebsd logo on freebsd.org

Hi,

I guess this is the wrong list, but I just looked at freebsd.org and
saw the new logo.  I really think it looks terrible.  Everyone that
I've spoken to agrees.  It looks like some kind of sextoy/spacehopper,
and not becomming to the enterprise os we know and love.  Maybe it was
the best from the competition you had, but I don't think it's good
enough.  Is there somewhere this was discussed?  The new logo already
looks last year.  Is there a plan to redesign it each year as design
trends come and go? If you compare it to the debian, IBM, BMW,
greenpeace, or google logos, the design relates in some way to the
subject.  I don't see that happening here.

Sorry if this is too late, or an unpopular opinion, or in the wrong
place, but I just wondered if anyone thinks the new logo is good, and
how long it's expected to last.

Interested to hear what people think,

kep