Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 2020 11:36:19 +0200
From:      Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
To:        Frederic Chardon <chardon.frederic@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Wayland on FreeBSD
References:  <CAFYkXjmfyLZAi1HZe-RE3wLxa6GRNP6GkmtZG-4T2puRDOz0JA@mail.gmail.com> <o8rn-snio-wny@FreeBSD.org> <CAMODbkmL5PT0Q3inE=o9T2T-Gw-d6_JcHCXZSYpfm_UGdXfzxg@mail.gmail.com> <6c7abdcf-aeef-4af4-b8f4-9d7fd0e45cf0@localhost> <7fba319c-c012-8893-3ce0-e2a166c38d2d@daemonic.se> <CAMODbkkGvUUwXqzFieyM-MMwQiRu2b6L1hmvgMn9MchDkpB7ig@mail.gmail.com> <d082-pa3p-wny@FreeBSD.org> <CAMODbknWFRzru%2B1Ej3XGV6fUmdKRQB-wUf-3bEqqrQJryw37MQ@mail.gmail.com> <wo6a-ouni-wny@FreeBSD.org> <CAMODbkkreoL=RsUF9B9z1pVtL2SMK%2BaXA6Z%2BYY1xcZP4h8U9rQ@mail.gmail.com> <lfmp-rhno-wny@FreeBSD.org> <CAMODbkk0pr0cbxKJ51RG2jqEWA%2BCg07ZNzO3bdgqoLh2QJDHuA@mail.gmail.com> <sggv-lgjn-wny@FreeBSD.org> <CAMODbk=bpMZQVskTKCMAZNMbyXk6Vt=w1G0RLAO%2B4i4f_3yV_g@mail.gmail.com> <d07z-rvwn-wny@FreeBSD.org> <CAMODbkkhW=uY7J3i55SQED7Sv1Tv_bwCYXzWq-tmRNzeTH=jdA@mail.gmail.com>

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 11:24:37 +0200
Frederic Chardon <chardon.frederic@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le jeu. 23 avr. 2020 =E0 00:35, Jan Beich <jbeich@freebsd.org> a =E9crit :
> >
> > Frederic Chardon <chardon.frederic@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > Le mer. 22 avr. 2020 =E0 16:51, Jan Beich <jbeich@freebsd.org> a =E9c=
rit :

> > > Yes, hardware acceleration works. eglinfo still complain about invalid
> > > 0xffffffff PCI ID though

> > > No
> > >
> > > What helps however is to mount the different linux filesystems after
> > > i915kms is loaded.
> > > eg I added "late" keyword to fstab as below
> > > devfs   /compat/linux/dev     devfs     rw,late 0 0
> > > fdesc /compat/linux/dev/fd  fdescfs   rw,late,linrdlnk 0 0
> > > linproc /compat/linux/proc    linprocfs rw,late 0 0
> > > linsys  /compat/linux/sys     linsysfs  rw,late 0 0
> > >
> > > without the late keyword, acceleration works if devfs alone is
> > > mounted. any other fs (with or without devfs) makes Xwayland use
> > > software rendering.
> > > As with setuid Xwayland, eglinfo complains about invalid PCI ID.
> >
> > manu@ fixed major/minor usage upstream. Can you try the following patch?
>=20
> No change. major are still different, minor doesn't have the 0x80 bit
> set, and hw accel is disabled if I mount linux pseudofs before kldload
> i915kms

 major/minor are irrelevent on FreeBSD, upstream code now don't care
about them and should properly detect the node type.
 I haven't followed the whole thread as it's a typical mailing list
thread that switched to troll and unreleated content. Can someone
explain what is the problem that you have please ?