Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 21:17:16 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        ac199@hwcn.org
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, tim@ppp6575.on.sympatico.ca, hoek@hwcn.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fnord0: disabled, not probed.

> But, really, there's not a big difference.  Overflow the screen
> with useless "disabled" messages and potentially miss an
> important advisory, vs. forever running a kernel with a ball and
> chain tied to its feet.

I'd say "useless" ``disabled''...

There's always scroll-lock and dmesg (heh:  "Are there no work houses,
are there no prisons?").

What about the schmuck who disables his wd driver and can't figure out
why his machine won't boot?  8-).  It's a two-edged sword.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.