Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:21:05 -0500
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux winex

Hi, I recently tried to get linux winex working on FreeBSD under the linux
emulator. Basically I think this is because of an unimplemented syscall...
(from truss)

linux_mmap2(0x0,0x244000,0x7,0x22,0xffffffff,0x6) ERR#78 'Function not
implemented

the behavior is different for each executable I tried. For one game wine just
exits, and for the other it gives me the following output:

ken:~:# winex /mnt/cdrom/Install.exe
Could not load graphics driver 'x11drv'
Could not load graphics driver 'x11drv'
Cannot load user32.dll
ken:~:# Could not load graphics driver 'x11drv'

Has anyone else tried this? Is anyone going to implement mmap2? Can anyone
help?

This is on FreeBSD-CURRENT as of about a week ago.

Thanks

Ken