Date:      23 Mar 1999 19:39:00 +0100
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@titine.fr.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD equivalent of Linux 'fuser' command

Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za> writes:

> Yup - fstat(1)

Yes, but... no :(

I've read the man page, but i don't obtain what i want. (But, as you
can read, English is not my mother tongue, so i've probably miss
something...).

1) let's root do a 'mount /cdrom ; cd /cdrom'

2) with 'fuser -a /cdrom', i get a single line telling me that root
is using /cdrom (that's why i cannot do a 'umount /cdrom', and that
exactly what i wanted to know)

3) with 'fstat /cdrom', i get... nothing.

4) with 'fstat | grep /cdrom', i get... nothing.