Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:01:18 +0200
From:      Ville =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hello guys.... libgd.so.2: cannot open shared object file for CVSGraph

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 00:54 -0500, Arian Hojat wrote:

> I cant seem to get cvsgraph to work. i get the same error in apache
> error_log as when i try to run cvsgraph from command line which is:

This list may not be the optimal place for reporting cvsgraph issues,
but let's see...

> [Wed Jan 26 00:24:27 2005] [error] [client 69.139.28.203]
> /bin/cvsgraph: error while loading shared libraries: libgd.so.2:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory, referer:
> http://www.phillybums.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/se_cvs/se1/se1.java?rev=1.1.1.1
>
> I thought i installed gd, but justin case ran the following....
> [root@localhost ~]# slocate libgd
> /usr/local/lib/libgd.so.2
> /usr/local/lib/libgd.so
> /usr/local/lib/libgd.a
> /usr/local/lib/libgd.so.2.0.0
> /usr/local/lib/libgd.la
>
> Anyone can help? do i need to point somewhere where the library is?

Probably.  You didn't mention what OS you're running so it's not
possible to give precise instructions; but try eg. adding /usr/local/lib
to the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable or /etc/ld.so.conf if you
have that.  There are prebuilt/prepackaged versions of cvsgraph
available for many OS's, try them if you can find one for yours.

> Also small issue i guess, i dont get this line in the tutorial:
> "Note (and install)? also the
>    cvsgraph.png icon in the icons/ directory."
> I dont see a cvsgraph.png anywhere in the extracted directory to copy
> to /icons.?

You are reading the cvsweb tutorial, but looking inside the cvsgraph
tarball.  cvsgraph.png comes with cvsweb.