Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 1996 13:21:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   New collection for ports - perl ?

I'd like to suggest that we make a new collection inside of the ports
repository for perl modules.  We don't have many right now (well, 1 to be
exact), but I have 4 ready for import, each of which took about 10 minutes
to create.

perl5 includes an imake-like tool called MakeMaker, so porting them is a
piece of cake.  Once installed, they even include a packing list, making
the generation of pkg/PLIST a simple task.

On my own, I can see turning out 10 or so of these each week.  Since there
are over 100 modules right now, it would make a welcome addition to the
repository.

I realize I've asked at an inopportune time because of Satoshi's vacation,
but I had these on my list for a while and didn't realize until last night
how easy they are to port.

--
j.

| James FitzGibbon                                         james@nexis.net |
| Integrator, The Nexis Group                     Voice/Fax : 416 410-0100 |