Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 1996 11:05:52 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@hpnmhjw.sr.hp.com>
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: support

> On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Iwan Leonardus wrote:
>
> > I need a knowledge on the administrational like:
>
> I think you want the FreeBSD Handbook, available at
> http://www.freebsd.org/handbook.html.

    Also, a good book on system administration is:

Evi Nemeth, Garth Snyder, Scott Seebass & Trent R. Hein,
	``Unix System Administration Handbook'', Prentice-Hall, 1995
	ISBN: 0-13-151051-7

NOTE: make sure you get the second edition, with a red cover, instead of
the first edition.

This book covers the basics, as well as TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, SLIP/PPP,
sendmail, INN/NNTP, printing, etc..  It's expensive (approx. US$45-$55),
but worth it.  It also includes a CDROM with the sources for various
tools; most of these, however, are also on the FreeBSD 2.1.0R CDROM (and
the FreeBSD CDROM often has newer versions).

[ Yes, the above was plagiarized from the FAQ, but, as I wrote the above
  FAQ entry, I can do this.  ;-) ]

     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.