Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 07:38:30 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fvwm2 problems!

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 10:57:03PM +0200, Hartmann, O. wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I just upgraded one machine from XFree 4.1 to XFree 4.2 and therefore I
> try to upgrade fvwm 2.4.5 up to fvwm 2.4.6.
>
> I deleted the whole stuff in the ports tree already and cvsupdated it,
> but I always get this error message:
>

> If you want to compile with GNOME support,
> hit Ctrl-C right now and use "make WITH_GNOME=yes"
>
> ===>  Extracting for fvwm-2.4.6
> >> Checksum OK for fvwm-2.4.6.tar.bz2.
> >> Checksum mismatch for fvwm_icons.tgz.
> Make sure the Makefile and distinfo file
> (/usr/public/gnu/compile/system/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/x11-wm/fvwm2/distinfo)
> are up to date.  If you are absolutely sure you want to override this
> check, type "make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
> *** Error code 1

fvwm_icons.tgz doesn't have a version number in it, so the 2.4.6
version of fvwm2 doesn't know it has to fetch a new one. Just remove
it from /usr/ports/distfiles and run make again, it will fetch the
new .tgz and start building.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org