Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 1999 11:34:08 +0530
From:      "Biju Susmer" <bee@wipinfo.soft.net>
To:        "'Wes Peters'" <wes@softweyr.com>, <bee@wipinfo.soft.net>
Cc:        "'Chris'" <reman@tig.com.au>, "'Vince Vielhaber'" <vev@michvhf.com>, <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: IDE quirk in 3.2-STABLE kernel ?

> Because it's wrong.  If you don't believe me, buy a copy of
> the spec.  Why
> should we waste valuable developer time trying to support
> mis-configured
> hardware?

	The box was shipped to me this way.. i'm no a hardware expert to know the IDE
specs. As far as i know, it work for Windows (no flames) which i have been using
for long. Suddenly if some one says that the PC is mis-configured...

 OK, i went to net and got this page
(http://www.mit.edu/afs/sipb.mit.edu/project/linux/docs/faq/ATAPI-FAQ) there
also they say it should be MASTER. Problem is not with me. The vendor didn't
follow the specs. PC never followd specs i think ;)

Some one please put this in an FAQ (if it is not already said) to avoid any
future problem?

thanks,
-biju