Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:50:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/32093: [MAINTAINER-UPDATE] Add full HTML documentation and adjust build

The following reply was made to PR ports/32093; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:47:21 -0800

 Please revert to the originally submitted patch (with one modification).
  I've talked to the developer of sitecopy/neon and the release of
 0.11/0.18 respectively will eliminate the incompatibilities between
 sitecopy-0.10.15 and the neon-0.17.2.

 Until then, only the internally built, statically linked neon should be
 used.  Therefore, --with-included-neon should be added to the original
 patch's CONFIGURE_ARGS.  This should also be done for sitecopy-0.10.15.
  If neon-0.17.2 has previously been built and is installed, the
 neon-config file will mung the CFLAGS up and cause "unexpected results."

 Finally, for some reason, someone linked the results of the distfile
 survey with this PR.  They probably meant the PR I had submitted earlier
 to patch makepatch to 2.00a_1.  In that PR, I pointed out that makepatch
 relies solely on the Perl MASTER_SITES--and it appears some of the URL's
 in the Perl MASTER_SITES list are now dead.

 --
 jmc