Date:      Mon, 08 Apr 1996 12:28:53 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov>
To:        rdmurphy@acs.bu.edu
Cc:        perry@vishnu.alias.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need Help with Sony CD drive

On Mon, 8 Apr 1996 11:20:25 -0400
rdmurphy@acs.bu.edu wrote:

> |   I just installed a Sony CDU76S CD drive that included a
> |  Adaptec 1515 SCSI controller card. I'm running FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE

rdmurphy> I have the same drive in a similar setup, but using an NCR
rdmurphy> controller.  I originally had the same error messages;
rdmurphy> someone sent a few minor patches that cleared up the
rdmurphy> problem.  Unfortunately, the patches (and the kind soul's
rdmurphy> name) are sitting on my machine at home.  I'll send them
rdmurphy> along tonight if you still need them.

I'd appreciate being cc'd too; I've also got the CDU76S with an NCR.
Tunes would be way bonus!

Real-hackers: what's the procedure for getting patches like this
folded into the baseline, so we don't have to keep patching with the
next release?

Many thanks!