Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:09:53 -0600
From:      Alan McLean <amcl@flash.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Trouble with 3.0.0-19990106-SNAP

and 3.0.0-19990105-SNAP.

Everything with the install goes great upto
the final 'Last chance, are you sure you want
to continue' step.  Immediately after hitting
enter I get signal 11.

Heres debug with context,

DEBUG: Setting variable ftpPort to 21
DEBUG: installCommit: System state is `init'
DEBUG: diskPartitionWrite: Examining 2 devices
DEBUG: bootalloc: can't stat /boot/boot1
DEBUG: bootalloc: can't stat /boot/boot2
DEBUG: Signal 11 caught! That's bad!

I did notice "No /boot/loader" was displayed when
booting, but it loaded sysinst with no apparent
problems.

Had no problem detecting correct geometry, etc.

ASUS P2B 440BX PII/350 128M AWARD BIOS
Intel PIIX4 IDE set
Maxtor DiamondMax 8.4G UDMA (Primary Slave)
Real CHS=16278,16,63 / LBA CHS=1021/255/63 (BIOS setting)

If this is a known problem and has been beaten to death,
I sincerely apologize I just got back on the list.

-amcl